About Me

My photo
I'm on a mission: Discover the best foods to fuel the *mind* *body* and *soul* I'm also here to have fun. I am currently a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition on my way to becoming a Health Coach and Holistic Nutritionist. Day to day, I live my life according to what I'm going to eat next. When having breakfast I think about what I'm going to eat for lunch; when I'm having lunch I think about what I'm going to eat for dinner. I find that what I eat is a determining factor in how I feel. And what I do is fueled by what I eat. I am a fitness fanatic and a yoga lover. So fuel is vital and is needed for energy maintenance.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

It's Getting Chili Out There


Jeff's Turkey Chili Recipe

1 onion, chopped

4 cloves of garlic

1 can of diced tomatoes

1 tbsp of cumin powder

1 1/2 tbsp - 2 tbsp of red chili powder

1 tbsp of Sriracha sauce

1lb of ground turkey breast

1 can of kidney beans, drained

1 can of black beans, drained

Salt and pepper to taste

1. In a pan, use a little spray or a little oil and fry up the chopped onion and garlic. Once browned, remove onion and put it in a bowl to the side.

2. Re-spray the pan and add the turkey meat. While browning meat, add the cumin powder, the red chili powder and salt and ground pepper.

3. Once the meat is browned, add the can of tomatoes, the beans, chopped onions, garlic and the Sriracha sauce.

4. Set at low heat and cover. Let it simmer for 30-60 minutes. The longer you simmer, the more the flavors come out.

5. Add more salt and pepper to taste.

Option to serve with shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, or fresh avocado slices.


ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment