Jeff's Turkey Chili Recipe
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves of garlic
1 can of diced tomatoes
1 tbsp of cumin powder
1 1/2 tbsp - 2 tbsp of red chili powder
1 tbsp of Sriracha sauce
1lb of ground turkey breast
1 can of kidney beans, drained
1 can of black beans, drained
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a pan, use a little spray or a little oil and fry up the chopped onion and garlic. Once browned, remove onion and put it in a bowl to the side.
2. Re-spray the pan and add the turkey meat. While browning meat, add the cumin powder, the red chili powder and salt and ground pepper.
3. Once the meat is browned, add the can of tomatoes, the beans, chopped onions, garlic and the Sriracha sauce.
4. Set at low heat and cover. Let it simmer for 30-60 minutes. The longer you simmer, the more the flavors come out.
5. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
Option to serve with shredded cheese, cilantro, sour cream, or fresh avocado slices.