About Me

My photo
I'm on a mission: Discover the best foods to fuel the *mind* *body* and *soul* I'm also here to have fun. I am currently a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition on my way to becoming a Health Coach and Holistic Nutritionist. Day to day, I live my life according to what I'm going to eat next. When having breakfast I think about what I'm going to eat for lunch; when I'm having lunch I think about what I'm going to eat for dinner. I find that what I eat is a determining factor in how I feel. And what I do is fueled by what I eat. I am a fitness fanatic and a yoga lover. So fuel is vital and is needed for energy maintenance.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Simple Steps To Better Health

“Those who think they have no time for healthy eating, will sooner or later have to find time for illness.” – Edward Stanley
It is amazing how many "Aha!" moments I have experienced during my unique nutrition program.
Try to incorporate 1 of these simple but life changing rules each day
1. Drink more water
2. Practice cooking
3. Increase whole grains
4. Increase sweet vegetables
5. Increase leafy green vegetables
6. Experiment with protein
7. Eat less meat, sugar, and processed foods; consume less coffee, alcohol and tobacco
8. Develop self-care habits
9. Have healthy relationships
10. Find physical activity
11. Find work you love or a way to love the work you have
12. Develop a spiritual practice

No comments:

Post a Comment