About Me

My photo
I'm on a mission: Discover the best foods to fuel the *mind* *body* and *soul* I'm also here to have fun. I am currently a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition on my way to becoming a Health Coach and Holistic Nutritionist. Day to day, I live my life according to what I'm going to eat next. When having breakfast I think about what I'm going to eat for lunch; when I'm having lunch I think about what I'm going to eat for dinner. I find that what I eat is a determining factor in how I feel. And what I do is fueled by what I eat. I am a fitness fanatic and a yoga lover. So fuel is vital and is needed for energy maintenance.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

An Odd Couple




Since I am intolerant to cow's milk, I am always trying to find alternatives. My absolute favorite is Goat Cheese. Ever since I found out I can tolerate goat's milk, I've been absolutely LOVING it. Check out my favorite thing to pair goat cheese with...

Figs

Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza

Fig and Goat Cheese Pizza
8 dried figs
4 ounces goat cheese
3 tbsp chopped basil
1 tbsp pine nuts
drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette to glaze
pizza crust of choice or whole wheat pitas

Goat's Milk Ice Cream: Black Mission Fig
Laloo's ice cream is made with 100% goat's milk and has a custard-creamy texture. It is always in my basket at Whole Foods and the flavors are unique and delicious. Their signature flavor and my personal favorite is "Black Mission Fig." I get my dessert fix at 150 calories and also a fiber boost from the pureed figs.
Check out their other flavors: http://www.laloos.com/flavors.php


No comments:

Post a Comment