About Me

My photo
I'm on a mission: Discover the best foods to fuel the *mind* *body* and *soul* I'm also here to have fun. I am currently a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition on my way to becoming a Health Coach and Holistic Nutritionist. Day to day, I live my life according to what I'm going to eat next. When having breakfast I think about what I'm going to eat for lunch; when I'm having lunch I think about what I'm going to eat for dinner. I find that what I eat is a determining factor in how I feel. And what I do is fueled by what I eat. I am a fitness fanatic and a yoga lover. So fuel is vital and is needed for energy maintenance.

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Day In the Life...

BREAKFAST

My take on an Elvis Presley

2 Kashi Waffles (7 whole grains)

Organic crunchy peanut butter

Sliced bananas

LUNCH

The Alex Salad

2 cups chopped arugula

2 cups chopped romaine lettuce

2 diced pears

¼ cup crumbled goat cheese

¼ cup craisins

¼ cup toasted walnuts

thin slices of grilled chicken (quick and easy--Whole Foods prepared rosemary chicken breast)

balsamic vinaigrette or olive oil and lemon juice

DINNER

Pepper Seared Tuna with Mango Salsa

6 oz fresh tuna steaks

½ tsp freshly ground black pepper

2 tbsp olive oil

salt to taste

Mango Salsa

1 cup store-bought fresh salsa

1 mango chopped

No comments:

Post a Comment