About Me

My photo
I'm on a mission: Discover the best foods to fuel the *mind* *body* and *soul* I'm also here to have fun. I am currently a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition on my way to becoming a Health Coach and Holistic Nutritionist. Day to day, I live my life according to what I'm going to eat next. When having breakfast I think about what I'm going to eat for lunch; when I'm having lunch I think about what I'm going to eat for dinner. I find that what I eat is a determining factor in how I feel. And what I do is fueled by what I eat. I am a fitness fanatic and a yoga lover. So fuel is vital and is needed for energy maintenance.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Meatless Mondays

Goal

*Reduce meat consumption by 15% to improve personal health and the health of our planet.

Benefits

*Live longer, spend less, reduce heart disease, curb obesity, reduce carbon footprint.

Meatless Monday Believer--Paul McCartney

All You Need is Vegetables

The Beatle says: "Having one designated meat-free day a week is actually a meaningful change that everyone can make, that goes to the heart of several important political, environmental and ethical issues all at once. For instance it not only addresses pollution, but better health, the ethical treatment of animals, global hunger and community and political activism."

Try this for lunch on Monday: Goat cheese grilled cheese on whole wheat with a fresh salad


No comments:

Post a Comment