About Me

My photo
I'm on a mission: Discover the best foods to fuel the *mind* *body* and *soul* I'm also here to have fun. I am currently a student at the Institute for Integrative Nutrition on my way to becoming a Health Coach and Holistic Nutritionist. Day to day, I live my life according to what I'm going to eat next. When having breakfast I think about what I'm going to eat for lunch; when I'm having lunch I think about what I'm going to eat for dinner. I find that what I eat is a determining factor in how I feel. And what I do is fueled by what I eat. I am a fitness fanatic and a yoga lover. So fuel is vital and is needed for energy maintenance.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Yoga and Words of Wisdom


“The first wealth is health” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

“Our food should be our medicine and our medicine should be our food” –Hippocrates

“To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art” –La Rochefoucauld

Be a YOGI

“Plant the seed of meditation and reap the fruit of peace of mind.” -Remez Sasson

Yoga believes in energy conservation. Yoga poses allow the body to produce energy while retaining what supply it already has. Anna Yoga is a branch of yoga that is devoted to food for health and happiness. Your relationship with food is a way to achieve your ideal weight and emotional and physical balance. The yoga philosophy of food is based on a balanced whole foods diet where ingredients are in their natural form.

Have Fun With It!

Fly Yoga is a mix of yoga, aerial arts, dance and strength training where participants float from pose to pose. Get into deeper poses with the specialized hammocks while feeling weightless.

Try it at I.D. Gym in Lincoln Park, Chicago

No comments:

Post a Comment